Enjoy crunchy almond biscuits with the smooth traditional taste
All the pastries offered by Délices et Gourmandises are prepared by the best French confectioners and artisans according to their ancestral recipe, and its crunchy almond biscuits are no exception. In addition, they contain only fresh and wholesome ingredients that retain their authentic flavor to delight your taste buds, but without risk for your health or our weight!
IngredientsYou will need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (but not too soft)
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
Preparation- Preheat oven to 350° F;
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on two cookie sheets.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter until light. Add sugars; cream until fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Beat in almond butter, then add eggs, one at a time, and mix to blend. Add vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients (about 1/3 at a time) and mix slowly to thoroughly combine. Stir in chopped almonds.
- Scoop generous teaspoons of cookie dough onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14–15 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through, until set and lightly brown.
- Cool a bit on the cookie sheet, then remove to a wire rack.
This delightful fragrant and soft pastry will treat both young and old for dessert or snack time!